Saturday, May 13, 2006

 

Intuitive driving

I was in the the zone yesterday. It started off right after I dropped Aaron at school. As I left the parking lot, I was driving down the street and noticed a high school-aged girl coming the opposite way. I just *knew* she was going to turn right in front of me into the parking lot and she delivered.

Then to close out the day, I was leaving the office, about to leave the office complex we're in when the van in front of me started to inch out into the street, had second thoughts about going right then and backed up. As she sat there, I could tell she forgot to shift back into Drive because her reverse lights were still on. I had a bad feeling about it, so I started backing up myself. Sure enough, she gunned it to get across traffic and ended up lurching back about 10 feet, which would have creamed me had I stayed where I was. Sometimes you just know.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?