Wednesday, July 19, 2006

 

Class reunion

My 20th high school class reunion is in 3 days. Does that make me old? (yes.)

I attended my 10th reunion and it was interesting, the dynamics of the people who were there. People who were a bit wallflower-ish in school and went on to become highly successful in their chosen fields reverted back to their shyness when put back into that pool of peers. It was also interesting how most of those who showed up are the ones who left town soon after graduation and never came back. Most of the ones who stayed in town didn't show up. The third thing that struck me was the number of really thin classmates there were at the 10th. You just know they crash-dieted and worked out to get into reunion shape. I, for one, promptly gained 15 lbs. my froshman year of college and never looked back. We'll see how they look now after they've been married for a while and have a few kids. Not that I'll take any pleasure from that, but it'll be nice to be on somewhat equal physical footing with everybody else. (ha.)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?