Wednesday, September 20, 2006

 

Reading is fun and mental

I was at a Barnes and Noble bookstore over the weekend in between games during my son's soccer tournament (they got 2nd). I wasn't interested in mall walking, so I camped out at the bookstore with a book and a comfy chair. As I read, there was some movement in front of me that was a bit of a distraction. There was a guy in a chair facing me, also reading. I noticed as he read, that instead of following the lines of the book with his eyes, he moved his entire head. His head would swivel slowly to the right and snap back to the left as he finished one line and continued to the next. He would slowly nod his head as he made his way to the bottom of one page and then snap back up to the top of the next page. I'm fairly certain he was taking some sort of mood-altering prescription, because he felt the need to strike up a conversation with me after finishing his book (Actually, I don't think he was finished so much as he was tired). Of course, he probably thought I wasn't really reading, because my head wasn't moving.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?