Wednesday, March 07, 2007

 

News from the junk food world



I like a good candy bar every now and then. I try not to eat a lot of junk, but I will make an exception for special occasions. Like when a new one comes out. I have a motto: I'll try anything once. So, the second I catch wind of a new piece of candy out there, I have to try it.




The new thing in the candy industry (and by "industry", I mean the "business") is taking an old favorite, making it just a little different and marketing it as something new. Take, for example, the Kit Kat.


It's an old favorite. 4 crisp wafers covered in milk chocolate. Tasty. Well, now you can get the Kit Kat in several different configurations. The most common one I see is the "Big Kat". It's merely a single section of the normal Kit Kat, but it's twice as big.
You get the idea. There's the Kit Kat Dark with dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate. Theres Strawberry Kit Kat. Double Chocolate Kit Kat. It's all good.
It seems that every candy maker is doing it. Right now, the big thing is adding caramel to the normal bar. I've seen caramel Reese's PB Cups, caramel Crunch, Snickers Extreme (sans nougat... more caramel and peanuts) and, you guessed it, caramel Kit Kat.
Mmmmmmmmmm.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?